Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scripture & A Snapshot {Week 4}

This is an incredibly wordy post. 
But it comes from my heart and I hope it will resonate with someone out there.
____________

My entire reason for starting this link up, and my burning desire for it, is to reach those of you who don't know Christ; who maybe think He wouldn't want you because of all the mistakes you've made, or that Christians are a bunch of uncool and really weird people. (well, some of them are. ;) but you'll find that everywhere.)
Point being: The One who created everything knows you by name. And He will never fail you or abandon you. 
That kind of love is not found on earth.

Perhaps you've heard Pascal's paraphrased quote:
There's a God shaped hole in our hearts that can only be filled with God.

It can not be filled with money, drugs, alcohol, sex, shoes, shopping, food, or whatever your vice may be. Those things offer very temporary and very fleeting moments of "happiness". And when these moments are over, you seek them out again...in a never-ending cycle of addiction.

The very first time I heard that Pascal quote, I literally cried. It was such a lightbulb moment for me! 
I thought "This is what I've been trying to fill my life with, and why nothing else has worked. And He's been right in front of me the whole time! I've been such a fool."
For so long, I had been pushing God away and replacing Him with other things. I've always believed in God, but for a long time I just didn't care to have Him as a part of my life.

And let me tell you, now that He is a part of my life I am experiencing life everyday!
You know how at the end of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, when the grinch's heart grew?! That is exactly how I felt once I let God fill the hole in my heart! It was as if my heart grew and lit up and is now bursting with completeness!

True and eternal happiness comes only when you wholeheartedly give your life to God and let Him fill you with His love!

Jeremiah 17:9


I really feel that this particular Scripture & A Snapshot was divinely guided. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but I'm certain that this was not my idea! I don't even remember why I chose this verse, but I did. I had a scripture and snapshot completely done and scheduled to post, then I found this verse and felt a strong urge to change the whole thing. I didn't even have an idea for what my snapshot would be, but I made the change anyway. I'd been brainstorming all week trying to think of something that would work with this scripture, and all I could come up with were really inappropriate things! But on Thursday, while on a walk with my kids - which was spur of the moment - we walked past a tree covered in thorns. I almost always have my camera with me, so I took a picture of them hoping that I could use it in some way. Then on Friday everything just started coming together. I opened my images in PSE and still wasn't sure of what I'd end up with. Things just kind of fell into place and what really boggles my mind is that when I tried using the smudge tool, it made that black and white area instead. That's not what it's supposed to do! But I thought it worked perfectly for this.

I may very well have completely failed at capturing the visual essence of Jeremiah 17:9.
But maybe I didn't? 
Maybe one of you out there needed to hear this? 
And maybe one of you will come to realize what you're really looking for...











Want to join in this challenge?
Here's how to participate:

1. Select a photo.
It can be from your archives or a new shot. Please only use your own photos.

2. Add a scripture verse to it.
Here's a link to a good Bible verse search engine. You can have the scripture on your photo, below it, make a collage - however you want, as long as the two elements are together!

3. Put the Scripture & a Snapshot button in your post.
You won't be deleted or banned if you don't. It just helps spread the word...and the Word. ;)

4. Come back here and link up your post.   
Please link directly to your Scripture & A Snapshot post, not the home page of your blog.
The linky will always be open from Sunday morning through Wednesday night.





UPDATE:
I know some of you are having trouble with the linky, and for that I'm very sorry!!
I figured out what's going on - the linky is moving your entries to other week's lists! Oye.
So if you're having trouble, please let me know in the comments or an email and I will get you linked up in the right week!
Thanks for your patience!

28 comments:

  1. Perfect. Profound. True.

    Only through Jesus Christ can we be made whole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Loved all the words written here. Your verse and photo this week go well perfectly.

    Thank you for hosting this blessed meme. I agree, it is divinely guided. I can't wait to publish more photos for His glory.

    I'm glad to have found your site (thru my friend Katia)
    on your 4th week.

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree and, also, have been in the same place with my own thought, idea or plan....only having it gloriously set aside for a little longer because The Spirit moved me. His light will shine forth, clean house, lead the way! Hallelujah and Amen ♥

    Love what you're doing here!!
    All Glory to Him and blessings to you, sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That picture is profound. Totally agree.

    It's amazing how God can use the smallest things - like a smudge tool ;) - for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie Oh how the Lord moves. Thats an amazing photo - sometimes our words are not as powerful as the image protrayed alongside them.

    YICJ,
    Rosie
    LnB photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, someone shared you this week. (Karli over @ Bonnie5) I am so glad she did. Thank you for being so wordy and truthful sharing today and snapshot is very real! I read a quote this week from Ann Voskamp "we were made for communion not consumption". I hope to link up with you soon, this week has been very mind & time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is tremendous. Excellent concept and verse match up. God is so awesome the way he leads us along even in what we post. Especially if we are seeking to glorify HIM in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful message with a great photo shot!

    Have a wonderful Scripture Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got it to work, was worried there for a second.
    But I love your post. Love your heart for the lost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to shine your light sister! I have occasionally lost sight of why I blog...gotten discouraged because it can seem like a rat race society of leaving comments to get comments, adding friends to get friends or whatever blah blah blah but, the fact is...the main and primary reason I blog is to witness, encourage and shine the light and I really couldn't care less about the rest of the blog drama. Of course the enemy likes to try and distract me at times but, I am not here for me...I'm here for him. I am so encouraged and inspired when other people in the God family shine their lights too! God Bless you today. yes, I am sure your verse was divinely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing photo and such true words.

    I posted my pictures, but am having trouble linking. i'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time linking up. I posted on my photo blog. I'm so glad I found your site! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talk about letting the Spirit move! Blessings to you as God continues to use you! I am really enjoying participating in you challenge every week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog! Nice photos, i found your blog through leovi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your post! I look forward each week to Scripture & a Snapshot...inspirational and a faith builder. God Bless and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a testimony and what a way to let your light shine!!!! Thank you for sharing and may somebody come to know Christ because you did! I love the way your edit came out on this picture. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post! Isn't it funny the way that God can guide what happens and help you create something fantastic? I just found you through the Bonnie 5 and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found your blog via Karen. What an inspiring post and I appreciate you hosting this. A wonderful opportunity to spread the Word and encourage one another thru scripture and photography.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing post. It's so true that scripture is so often divinely guided to us to help us with whatever our struggle is at the moment. I'll drive by a church and see a verse, look it up, and KNOW it was sent from God for me to see that day to help me deal with whatever it is I'm dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your heart. I pray that God uses you in a might way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving this challenge every week! The Linky isn't working - just gives me an error message. Here's my blog link: http://3arrowsinthehand.blogspot.com/2010/10/scripture-snapshot-week-4.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for doing this! You are making a difference out there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful post, straight from our precious Lord...thru you. Your heart for God comes shining thru and I know that you're touching others...you did me!!! In His Love...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the invite to your photo challange. I will try to catch up with you next week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh I am sooo excited to have found your blog. I Love this scripture and a snapshot theme. Right up my alley.
    I will post when I can.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  26. I did post on my blog and added the snapshot and a scripture button but the LINKY Thingy was being weird.
    Just scroll down to September 30ths post Psalm 18.
    I will try again later with the LINKY thingy
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome post....I added my linky and it said it failed so I tried again and then there are two. So you can delete one...Sorry! So glad I found this you are a beautiful writer and I'm excited to share what God puts on my heart with other people! Thanks for hosting scripture and a snapshot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just came across your blog today...this seems like such a neat idea! I'm definitely going to join up when I can!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comment! I read and value each and every one. I am no longer able to keep up with returning comments on blogs, but please know that your visit and comment is greatly appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...