Saturday, May 21, 2011

Scripture & A Snapshot {Week 35}


Mark 13:31-32

When all the end-time fanatics and "christians" who interpret the Bible to fulfill their own interests start preaching of Jesus' return on such-and-such a date, I can look to this verse and say with absolute certainty that they do not speak for God.

However, as wrong as I think these people to be, all their hype does bring to light a very important question: Am I ready for Christ's return?

Mark 13:33 goes on to say:
"And since you don’t know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert!"

I don't know about you, but most days I'm more likely to be caught resting on my laurels than doing His work.

In verses 34 through 37 Jesus tells us:
“The coming of the Son of Man can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. When he left home, he gave each of his slaves instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. You, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know when the master of the household will return—in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak. Don’t let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning. I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!”

Now, this isn't to mean that we are never to rest our bodies!
Rather, we should not let our faith and trust in Christ be put to sleep. We should constantly be producing fruits for His good.

Paul tells us in Galatians 5:22-23:
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!


 ...and there is no excuse for us to not produce them!


Our church is currently doing a series on Living the Fruits of the Spirit. If you'd like to watch any of them, you can go HERE.

*****










Want to join in this challenge?
Here's how to participate:

1. Select a scripture.
My hope is that each week you will search your Bible and select a verse that has meaning for you.
Here's a link to a good Bible verse search engine.

2. Add a photo to it.
I hope that you will chose a photo that goes with your chosen scripture, and not just throw these two elements together. The photo can be from your archives or a new shot. Please only use your own photos. You can have the scripture on your photo, below it, make a collage - however you want, as long as the two elements are together!

3. Put the Scripture & a Snapshot button in your post.
You won't be deleted or banned if you don't. It just helps spread the word...and the Word. ;) 

It also helps visitors from the blog hop quickly identify your Scripture & a Snapshot post.

4. Come back here and link up your post. 
Please link directly to your Scripture & A Snapshot post, not the home page of your blog.

25 comments:

  1. Katie! this was my post for these week had I not had a birthday to celebrate!!!! Love how you presented it with your amazing photographs...Well done.. will you be appearing at a pulpit near me at anytime! Well done, Good and Faithful Servant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Beautiful photo and very well put!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right - we don't know when he'll return so we must stay on guard. Great verse for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen and Amen!! Well said, Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very timely! Great photo, happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love this picture. amen to all that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sunburst Katie.

    Oh don't get me started on that man and his so called date setting... our British media had a good weekend of making fun of "Christianity as a whole" due to this even though he only had a small following in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious shot!

    I'm glad to be back and rejoin the group.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a fantastic shot... I love how magnificant God's universe is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katie, This is the first time that I joined your link. I appreciate you hostessing! Beautiful photo and great message!
    I think it is so important to "spread the word". Bless you for doing this.
    Hugs,
    Sonya
    I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just laugh at those who are so led astray regarding this truth of Mark 13. It is a shame they let their flesh be in the way rather then allowing the truth of God ruling in their hearts.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photo! And a great verse! Very appropriate:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the picture! I can't help but smile in light of "yesterday". Joining you today Katie, thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post reminds me of the Larry Norman song, I Wished We'd all Been Ready. Yes, may we not be resting in in our laurels. Lovely picture and pick of scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen! I absolutely love this Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't have said it better...the photo is great, but your words carried the post for me today...much wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie, a great photo and such an important exhortation! Very timely. We need to be doing the work to which He called us until He returns.

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photo and words! Thank you for the reminder to get off my keester & do His work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. after all that has been in the news this is a great shot and verse! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katie,
    I love your photo and verses!!!!I'm recovering from a hand injury, hope to be back to doing this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen!!!

    The funny thing is I didn't even know what was going on until a few days after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You couldn't have picked a better time to do this s&s!! Perfect picture, perfect verse, perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very good message. Thanks! I chose the verse in Galatians today too- didn't realize you had. When things are repeated they must be important! God bless you. And thanks again for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comment! I read and value each and every one. I am no longer able to keep up with returning comments on blogs, but please know that your visit and comment is greatly appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...