Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scripture & a Snapshot - Week 69


SS---Psalm-107-29

In Psalm 107, the author talks about God calming life's storms and he illustrates the kind of people for whom storms are calmed. I love that this chapter is repetitive, that the author includes a variety of people, and that the end result is the same. While this chapter is directly referring to the Jews returning from exile in Babylon, it's main point is still applicable to us today: when we put our trust in the Lord, He will quiet the storms.

I think it's also important to point out that He will calm our storms in His time, not ours. This might take a few weeks, it could take a few years or even decades. And for some the storms may not be calmed until death.
But they will be calmed! 

Because, as our pastor says, the worst thing is never the last thing.

*****










Want to join in this challenge?
Here's how to participate:

1. Select a scripture.
My hope is that each week you will search your Bible and select a verse that has meaning for you.
Here's a link to a good Bible verse search engine.

2. Add a photo to it.
I hope that you will chose a photo that goes with your chosen scripture, and not just throw these two elements together. The photo can be from your archives or a new shot. Please only use your own photos. You can have the scripture on your photo, below it, make a collage - however you want, as long as the two elements are together!

3. Put the Scripture & a Snapshot button in your post.
You won't be deleted or banned if you don't. It just helps spread the word...and the Word. ;) 

It also helps visitors from the blog hop quickly identify your Scripture & a Snapshot post.

4. Come back here and link up your post. 
Please link directly to your Scripture & a Snapshot post, not the home page of your blog.

*****
Click here to get the blog hop code.






9 comments:

  1. What peace we can have thru the storm..knowing it will be calmed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse to go with such a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for the One who can calm all our storms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He calms in His time. In the meantime we tread water. He won't let us sink, and we grow stronger. Love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is comforting to know that He has the power, and He is in control. :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember where it is found, but your post reminds me of another Scripture that says God says to the waves "you can come this far, and no farther". I am so glad He is in control of the storms in our lives, and won't let the waves get us down!

    Thanks for letting me link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this depth of field. :) And the thought.... oh how I have TRIED to solve some recent storms in my own power and in my own time.... oh how I have failed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, and I'm counting on Him to calm the storm in my family's life right now ... He's done it before, and He'll do it again ... in His time! We can always count on His presence in the midst of the pain! This is beautiful, Katie! I'm a bit late entering this week, again, but God's Word is never too late!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! I'm still going through a storm personally and am waiting to hear his "peace be still" to my struggles. Although I know he's said that to my heart already..... Just need to listen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comment! I read and value each and every one. I am no longer able to keep up with returning comments on blogs, but please know that your visit and comment is greatly appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...