Monday, March 26, 2012

{ 046 } :: 325

dianthus-in-the-sunshine---

This afternoon Rowan and I went to the garden center for some things.
We ended up buying a palate of these lovely fuchsia { I can never spell that word right the first time! } dianthus.

...side note...
You know you're out of shape when you become fatigued from pushing a mulch-loaded cart around the store, and subsequently spell your own name wrong on the signature pad at checkout because you're about to pass out despite being surrounded by oxygen releasing plants.
...ahem...

Anywho, when we got home I grabbed my camera, headed outside and got some flower shots.
Shocking, I know.

You know how sometimes your favorite image out of a set takes a whole bunch of unexpected turns before it becomes your favorite?

This shot was one of those times.

Here's what it looked like sooc...
dianthus-in-sunshine-sooc

Yep.
By show of hands, who would have immediately deleted this image?!
...this is why I recommend saving 98% of the images you take and shoot in RAW mode...
You never know when a lump of coal will turn into a diamond...or a really convincing cubic zirconia.

Granted, this image is incredibly grainy, but umm, it's fine art.
And art can do what it wants.
90%, my friends!
90%.



6 comments:

  1. um all I can say is WOW. that might be one of the most impressive before and afters ever! I probably WOULD have deleted that right away and you turned it into something really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO with you on this, Katie! I have such a hard time deleting anything that I take for the same reason, it can be become something you'd treasure. VERY nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!
    LOVE this post. I have been talking about 'non-delete' alot lately! Thanks for your continued encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always shoot my photos in RAW! I love your photo, too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got to be kidding! WOW!!!! How awesome you kept that picture. It totally would have been deleted from my computer. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comment! I read and value each and every one. I am no longer able to keep up with returning comments on blogs, but please know that your visit and comment is greatly appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...