Monday, July 11, 2011

Vintage Polaroid Effect for PSE, CS5 and Others


Before we get to the frame/action I want to thank all of you for your incredibly sweet comments and compliments from my self portrait post! Y'all made me blush and put some extra happy in my weekend! :)
Thank you!

***

Yesterday I mentioned that I've been working on a surprise for you.
Well, here it is!

Ya know the super-awesome Instagram app for iPhone?
I love it...problem is I do not have an iPhone.

And I haven't been able to find anything that was compatible with PSE to get that effect, so I made my own.
{Please note that this will work in other editing platforms!!}

If you would like to have it too, you can download it {for free of course} HERE.

All I ask is that you Like my Facebook page or follow my blog if you don't already.
(although GFC has been having issues lately) 

I made up a few sample images to show you what you're getting.
The frame/action is a .psd file and not an action you install, but it's almost as easy as that. There's a how-to file included in the download and if you need any help, please feel free to ask!
Oh, and you're also able to adjust all layers to suit your tastes.

Vintage Polaroid leaves-and-sun Vintage Polaroid umbrella Vintage Polaroid biplane


I played around with this for a while and ran some actions on the flattened 'polaroid' image which worked really well! The X-Ray biplane below is one of those examples. I also think any of Kim Klassen's textures would add a lot of depth to the final image!


Vintage Polaroid biplane-xray Vintage Polaroid orchids Vintage Polaroid Legs


I'd love to see what you come up with, so be sure to leave a link to your photo (on your blog or flickr) in the comments!

***

And now for some it's-probably-only-exciting-to-me news...
My Bowl of Limes print was on the front page of Etsy yesterday morning!!!

etsy-front-page---limes



It's my second third time being on the front page this year!
Which is a pretty big deal for me.
Eek...my Rainbow of Watercolors print was featured this morning, too!!

Hope you have a very happy Monday!
:)


24 comments:

  1. Making a note to come back later for download. That pretty much rocks and I can't wait to try it out. Maybe I'll give you a shout out this week for Shoot and Edit since I have no clue what to do for my edit. Love it! And congrats on the Etsy front page thingie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I downloaded it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely! will it only work for PSE? i have CS5 and would love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the front page of etsty. I have instagram but I rarely use the camera never mind the plugin though I bought the photoshop plugin last weekend. I'll try your download in CS5 as there is more chance of me using that effect in there than on the camera phone. Thanks again Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie - I've done it on CS5 and it works a treat. Everything can be adjusted aswell in cs5 just like in elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much...i'm excited to try it in CS5! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the action...can't wait to play!

    CONGRATS on the front page! Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much for sharing! we'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this?! Thank you so much for sharing & if you're at all interested in seeing my finished product, please come on over for a visit at http://thewurzfamily.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-sweet-girl.html. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As someone who also doesn't have an iphone, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow I LOVE THIS!!!!!! OK, so I read about your download the other day, but didn't download it right away because I have instagram for my iphone. Sooo, I peeked at Courtney's blog today and saw her AWESOME edit using your action. Well, not action, but whatever. I downloaded it, and I'M IN LOVE!! You are seriously so talented I can't even stand it! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, me again. Seriously sitting here playing!! It works on EVERY image I tried...and NO tweaking. I can't believe it. Perhaps a new fave!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Does it work in PS CS5?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful Katie, and I thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing, Katie! This looks really wonderful and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay! these are great, downloading right now! thank you so much! btw, i am an app junkie and I found an app that actually has one that works with your computer too, its called Camera Bag. You can try it for free, and its pretty much like instagram. I tried and its pretty cool, just thought you might like to know since you don't have an iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So exciting Katie!! And I will b downloading the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use the hipstamatic app on my iPhone wayyyy too much! Hopefully your beautiful new effect will wean me off my phone and just allow me to add the effect to select photos here and there :) Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the freebie! I don't have an iphone either and I have iphone envy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE IT!!!! I am not on facebook- but if I were- I would certainly hit the like button- you inspire me every day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to trying this on my own photos. Congrats. V

    ReplyDelete
  22. It doesn't work for picasa. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's wonderful!! Thanks a lot :)
    xoxo
    G

    ReplyDelete
  24. Over from Favorite Photo of the week. Thank you for the download, hoping to try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comment! I read and value each and every one. I am no longer able to keep up with returning comments on blogs, but please know that your visit and comment is greatly appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...