Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{ 005 } :: 325

2-14-12-Keys---square-wm

One of my important 'errands' this week was to figure out a way...be it locksmith or crowbar...to get into our safe.
{ somewhere between Kansas and Texas we lost the key...and in order for me to register our car and get a new license, I need in there! }
But after several phone calls to locksmiths it was abundantly clear that they could only break it open, not make a new key, etc. And I'm not about to pay someone to break something for me.

And when all else fails...try, try again...with a Google search that is.
This time I finally found the answer!
Lo and behold, the manufacturer of our safe had already thought about people loosing their safe keys.
And for less than a service call by the breaksmith locksmith I was able to get a new set of keys overnighted.
They arrived this morning and worked like a charm.

By the way...this picture is of all the various keys I found in our junk drawer...none of which fit anything we currently own.


10 comments:

  1. Sweet shot, great story. I have a key on my ring that I have no idea what it is for, but it remains. I'm afraid I'll remember what it is if I throw it away. Seriously been there for over 3 years.... how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you found them googling around!! I have more 'extra's with no home' than you can count on hands and toes. I, once, put them all together on a cool key chain for my little man to play with. Now we have more and I don't know where that keychain every went to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahha i have a ton of those keys.. but then I have had 10 homes and many rentals... rofl

    great photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that is why we love Google!!! Glad it all worked out good for you and that you were quickly able to get another key. Whew! Check that one off your list. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the keys pic! It's so interesting how many different keys exist!! :-)))
    Thanks for your beautiful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have one of those "junk drawers" that are filled with keys. It's a bit challenging to find the right key at times. Your blog reminded me of the verse "I give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" Glad you were able to "loose" the safety deposit box and get what you needed for your license!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥ Google and all the information that it holds! Good to hear you were able to find a solution to your problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe! Too funny! Glad they could send you new keys! Brilliant they are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh... I have key stories too! I even have a set of keys from my previous home... which is the home of my ex-husband. {& a half-dozen keys that belong to ??? locks?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and comment! I read and value each and every one. I am no longer able to keep up with returning comments on blogs, but please know that your visit and comment is greatly appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...